|Faculty & Staff|
The SAISD Foundation presents a check for $109K to support the 2013 -14 innovative grants at the news conference at Briscoe ES.
The mission of the SAISD Foundation is to support SAISD to become one of the nation's leading urban school districts through educational excellence and innovation.
We hope you will take time to learn more about our growing Foundation and how, together, we can reach our mission.
About the SAISD Foundation
At the SAISD Foundation we invest in students one classroom, one teacher, and one school at a time. Operating as a 501 (c) (3) public charity, The Foundation serves as a catalyst for the District, igniting innovation and passion for student success across San Antonio ISD. In this role, the SAISD Foundation supports programs that aim to increase student achievement, recognize staff and teacher excellence, increase and strengthen business and community partnerships, and celebrate success in San Antonio ISD. The SAISD Foundation invests in Innovative Grants, New Teacher Grants and Strategic Initiatives that meet District goals and works to pilot programs of promise in San Antonio ISD. Click here for an article in the Rivard Report on progress in San Antonio ISD and how the SAISD Foundation is contributing to this success. Our 2013 Annual Report also details how we are making a difference for students in the heart of San Antonio.
In our short history, the Foundation has quickly become an active and vibrant partner for San Antonio ISD and is proud to have awarded more than $1.7 million dollars to enhance academic achievement in our schools. Visit our upcoming events to see how you can get involved, or read on for more ways to support our 54,000 students across our 90 schools in the heart of San Antonio.
Are you an SAISD Employee? Visit How We Can Help.
Are you an SAISD Student? Visit Student Scholarships.
What Role Can You Play?
Everyone has a role they can play in supporting the schools in our urban core as we continue to strengthen those schools and build on 100 years of education in our city. How will you choose to help?
- Become a Reading Buddy to a 2nd grader in one of our Elementary Schools once a week through SAYL. Read more here.
- Share our story with friends and colleagues and Like us on Facebook to stay informed.
- Hold a Book Drive to support getting more books in the hands of our students.
- Become an INSPIRE U Workplace mentor site for SAISD middle school students through BBBS.
- Learn about successes in SAISD by attending one of our Spotlight on High Performing Schools Breakfasts.
- Help complete FASFA and tax forms with high school students and parents each spring.
- Donate to the SAISD Foundation.
Click on the links above to find out more, or send us a note and we will set you up in any one of these opportunities and you can start playing a role in supporting our students today!
Click here to
141 Lavaca | San Antonio, Texas 78210